Renewing your driver training school licence
Your school licence is valid for one year and must be renewed.
What are the requirements for renewing?
- Your school must continue to be registered with the Registrar of Companies.
- If you have increased your number of instructors, you must ensure that you have adequate bonding.
- If you are providing on-road (practical) instruction, your training vehicle(s) must be inspected by an inspection facility and meet safety standards.
How to renew
You can renew your licence online or by mail.
- Complete the application package
- Mail the $100 licence fee — plus $15 for each additional licence (cheque payable to ICBC).
You'll receive your renewal package by mail six months before your licence expires.
- your completed renewal package, and
- $100 licence fee — and $15 for each additional licence (cheque payable to ICBC).
What's included in the school renewal package?
- Renewal notification
- Application form
- Instructor list
- Vehicle list
- Fee schedule
- Access to Road Test Booking Service–Terms & Conditions
- Password Administrator List
- Driver Training Industry Code of Conduct
Be sure to send us your renewal package before your school licence expires. After processing your application, we'll send you your new driver training school licence.
What if I don't renew my school licence before the expiry date?
The school must not deliver any driver training beyond the expiry date. Delivering driver training without a valid driver training school licence is an offence under the Motor Vehicle Act Regulations and is subject to a fine of up to $2,000.